Prime Minister Ilie Bolojan declared on Wednesday that as soon as the draft on magistrates' pensions becomes law, through promulgation and publication in the Official Gazette, the Government will continue the dialogue with the European Commission, so that Romania does not lose the 230 million euros, grants from the NRRP, funds related to this milestone.
He responded thus when asked what comes next after the Constitutional Court (CCR) decision regarding the Magistrates' Pensions Law.
"After this decision, under normal conditions, the draft law should be promulgated, and under the conditions in which the draft becomes law, the first thing we will do is to continue the dialogue with the representatives of the European Commission, in such a way as to try not to lose the 230 million euros that were withheld from the grants that Romania was supposed to receive from European funds. This is because we had a deadline to meet this milestone, at the end of November last year, but due to the postponements that were made, due to the first decision of the Court, as we know, we are in a situation where we have exceeded this deadline," Ilie Bolojan said in a telephone interview with Digi 24.
The prime minister added that the Government would do everything in its power to recover this amount of money, which means some important investments for Romania.
Bolojan specified that at end-February or start-March Romania would find out whether the money from the NRRP related to the milestone on the pensions of magistrates is lost or not.
"This should probably happen in two or three weeks after the law appears in the Official Gazette, so I estimate that at the end of February or beginning of March, this year," he said.




























Comentează