The Minister of Investment and European Projects, Dragos Pislaru, announced on Thursday that he had notified the European Commission of developments regarding the milestone on magistrates' pensions, and after the law is promulgated and published in the Official Gazette, the Romanian authorities will resend proof of fulfillment of this milestone included in payment request no. 3 of the PNRR to the official information exchange system.
"We had informal communication with the European Commission, we had technical communication with the European Commission, in which we drew attention to this development related to the milestone regarding magistrates' pensions. What does this mean? It means that we have notified them of the steps we will take, we have announced that we will redraft and resubmit the Cover Note, i.e. the document proving that the milestone has been met, to the official information exchange system with the European Commission. We are waiting for the promulgation and the number in the Official Gazette to finalize that document, and we will have a letter explaining all the steps and shedding new light on payment request 3 regarding how Romania has met this milestone," Pîslaru said at a press conference at Victoria Palace.
He specified that the enactment of the law on magistrates' pensions is imminent.
"The promulgation is imminent, (...) I am in direct contact to see exactly when it will happen, and we are ready to send this information. Regarding the response, what I can tell you is (...) that the analysis of payment request 3 will take into account the arguments we will submit. (...) For me, what was very important was to make sure that, even though we are at the eleventh hour, a delay of more than two months beyond November 28, at least through the way we are moving forward and raising the issue, the relationships we have in Brussels, we will be able to submit this information in a timely manner so that it can be taken into account in the analysis of payment request 3. This is important. The response cannot be delayed beyond March, I would dare say the first half of March, because that exceeds the usual analysis period," the minister explained.
Dragos Pislaru admitted to a communication error after announcing last week in a Facebook post that Romania had officially lost 231 million, subsequently modifying the text.
"It was a communication error for which I take responsibility. The idea behind it is this: at the time of the meeting in Brussels, the European Commission had informed us that, at that moment, in the absence of evidence regarding the enactment of this law, from their perspective, the matter was closed and Romania would lose that money. When the postponement occurred, there was a communication problem within my team in this regard, and somehow we corrected it in the public sphere," said Dragos Pislaru.



























Comentează